Wobbel® Pro Balance Board – includes Felt (Forest) – Transparent lacquer
R2,550.00 incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
In stock (can be backordered)In stock. Can ship immediately.
Introducing the Wobbel® balance board, a Waldorf classic redesigned!
Wobbel is a multi-functional, beautifully crafted, rocking balance board that moves young and old and everyone in between. It originates from Waldorf education and has been in use for over 20 years. You and your kids are guaranteed hours of fun on this amazing board! “But what is it?”, you say. Is it a balance board, a rocking chair, a bridge, a step, a table, a racetrack, a lounger or a unicorns back? Adults will try to define it, but kids instinctively know what the endless possibilities are. As we are constantly finding out, they keep discovering and learning new and intelligent ways to play with the Wobbel. The Wobbel Original is Wobbel’s most universal model. The Wobbel Pro is the twin sister of the Wobbel Original – but with a big difference! This Wobbel has recycled pressed felt on the underside of the board. This makes the Pro suitable for intensive use. The pressed felt consists mainly of recycled PET bottles. The felt reduces noise, prevents scratches on the floor and also on the Wobbel. The felt is also easy to clean. This pressed felt finish on the underside of the board creates a beautiful and unique contrast with the lacquered beech wood. The Wobbel XL is Wobbel’s largest model and especially suitable for larger children (from about 7 years) and adults. Tip: Try it out as a rocking chair! Wobbel is exclusive to Nest in South Africa.
In use the Wobbel stimulates balance and strength supporting physical awareness through play. Whilst other exercises train big muscle groups, when the Wobbel is used as a training device, specific muscle groups can be isolated. This applies to children of all ages, adults and even the elderly. You can use it as a balancing tool for yoga too.
Due to its unique design and versatile shape the Wobbel is perfect for promoting open-ended play. Children are always finding new uses for their Wobbel.
It’s an ideal step for bringing things within easy reach or it can be a stool to sit on. Kids can use it as a laptop desk for crafting or it can be used for serving a snack.
Peace and Quiet
Wobbel works like a magnet on children, not only for exuberant and fun games with friends, but also for quiet moments and individual play. The perfect spot for curling up with a pillow and book – a little sanctuary where they can enjoy a quiet moment on their own.
Shaped in a simple, beautiful curve. It’s aesthetically pleasing and will look great in your living room or child’s bedroom. Here at Nest we are big fans of this gorgeous heirloom toy! Your child will teach and show you daily how many creative uses he/she can find for the Wobbel. It will definitely grow with your child and family and be will be passed down from generation to generation.
Made from: carefully stacked and pressed layers of European beech wood (FSC) with a unique curvature plus recycled pressed felt on the underside of the board. The pressed felt consists mainly of recycled PET bottles.
Finish: Water based translucent lacquer.
Measures: 90cmL x 30cmW
Age: suitable for ages 18 months -100 years
Product weight: 4.5kgs
Use weight: up to 200 kgs
Product Safety: CE tested and certified as a safe toy for kids 18 months and older
Country of Origin: The Netherlands
- Make sure your child always uses the Wobbel under adult supervision
- Always use a Wobbel on a flat and level surface. Using the Wobbel on a sloped and/or rough surface could result in the Wobbel tipping over and causing injuries.
- Never wear socks or smooth shoes. Bare feet or shoes that aren’t slippery prevent accidents
- When using the Wobbel in bridge mode (ᴖ), don’t walk close to the edges, as it can tip over. Teach your children to walk in the middle. For children up to 6 years old, hold their hand when they are in this position.
- Take care with fingers around the edges. Teach your children from the first use to always keep their fingers away of the edges. There is an entrapment hazard of fingers and hands if they get caught under the Wobbel which could result in injuries
- Make sure that there is at least 2 meters of free space around the Wobbel (including other children). Always place the Wobbel on a level surface
- The materials of the Wobbel are subject to wear. Make sure your child doesn’t stick loose pieces in their mouth, which could result in choking. Remove them when present.
- The Wobbel is not a bed or crib. Do not let your children sleep in the Wobbel.
- Do not jump or stamp on the Wobbel. This can cause unexpected movements would could result in injury
- The Wobbel is designed for indoor use. It can be used outdoors, but will wear quicker. Never leave the Wobbel outside, because water and moisture will eventually damage the wood and also paint, felt and cork (depending on what Wobbel you have)
- The untreated EKO felt can sometimes pill. This has no effect on the use. You can remove the pilling with a lint trimmer or by hand (optional)
- If your Wobbel board has no cork or felt underneath it, then we recommend that you use a mat, carpet or rug underneath the Wobbel. This will assist in protecting the Wobbel, your flooring (especially if it is vulnerable or not scratch resistant) and your ears.
- Pay particular attention when using the Wobbel on tiled flooring. The Wobbel can get damaged by use on hard and/or irregular floors. Cork and felt can protect the board and your floors, when using it with the convex side up (ᴗ). If no cork of felt is present then we recommend that you use a mat, carpet or rug underneath it to protect the Wobbel, your floor and your ears. In the concave side up (ᴖ) position cork or felt do not offer protection. We therefore recommend using a mat, carpet or rug underneath it. Moving or dragging the Wobbel over these kinds of floors with the concave side up (ᴖ) could cause damage to the edges of the board.
- Don’t store the Wobbel near a heat source like central heating and don’t store it in damp environments like a bathroom or unheated shed or garage.
- Don’t stack multiple Wobbel boards, but rather store them on their sides
- Users that are or have been under the care of a physical therapist for their musculoskeletal system are advised to contact that therapist first for proper instruction before use of the Wobbel.
- Product Dimensions (L x D x H) 90 × 30 cm
- Product Weight 10kg
- Product Code PROTFOR