The Marcel collection has an elegant style. This blond oak-finish bedroom set is enhanced by the white frame that adds a modern touch. Certain fronts are grooved with white digital printing. This subtle, smart detail provides some interest. The white, rounded handles on the natural storage units are also an eye-catching feature.
The Marcel cot is the ultimate in modern elegance with its stylish blend of blond oak head and footboards decorated with fine white grooves. It has a distinctive rail at the top of the bed that adds a soft, rounded feel. It stands on white tapered wooden feet and has secure, high side panels.
When choosing your child’s first bed, the Marcel user-friendly, convertible cot bed makes perfect sense – it serves as a cot for babyhood but can be easily converted into a junior bed for toddler years, thanks to both sides being fully removable plus the 2 included 140cm bed panels. Made with a solid beech bed base with beech plywood slats and solid beech railings, the cot bed is finished in a soft two-tone white foil and artisan oak effect foil that will look lovely in any nursery. The base has two mattress height settings. Choose the high position for newborns. This upper position will make your day to day routine much easier. Once your baby grows and starts to move around, adjust the base to the lower position to keep them safe. The two fixed rails have one position.
To convert the cot into a toddler bed, nothing could be easier. Remove the rails and attach the 2 140cm side panels – a blissful sleep zone for your toddler that’s ready in just a few minutes!
On this easy-to-convert model, the cot’s safety railings can be removed from age 3, when your child starts becoming more independent and capable of getting in and out of bed on their own.
Once converted, this toddler bed will remain suitable until your child’s fifth birthday.
Please note that we are the exclusive distributors in South Africa of Galipette. Should you be offered any item carrying the trade mark of this brand, or looking substantially similar to an item displayed here, it will be an unlawful imitation of the item of merchandise displayed under the name of this listed brand.
Such an imitation, apart from constituting a trade mark and/or copyright infringement, will not have been subject to the rigorous testing and quality control of the products that we supply. It may constitute a danger to your child, as neither the materials used nor the construction of the product can be guaranteed fit for purpose.
Special features include:
- cot measures: 84cmH x 150cmL x 74cmD; optional panels measure: 17cmH x 140cmL x 3cmD,
- cot weight: 32.2kgs (1 carton); optional panels weight: 7.8kgs (1 carton),
- mattress NOT included: mattress size required 70cmW x 140cm
- finish: blond oak
- structure – frame and fronts: particleboard covered with blond Oak effect foil; certain fronts: grooved with digital printing; edges: same finish, some rounded; certain edges: ABS; mouldings on bed headboards and footboards: varnished solid ash; bottom: particleboard covered with plain white foil; railings: white lacquered beech with varnished solid ash handrail; bed base: solid beech, beech plywood slats; legs: white ABS
- ecology: Galipette is introducing low-formaldehyde content panels to ensure a healthier living environment; this collection is made with engineered wood panels containing less than 4mg of formaldehyde per 100g, which is two times lower than the requirements of the strictest European standard (EN 13986); the wood used comes straight from sustainably managed French forests
- strength and durability requirements are intended to represent use under normal conditions; item for home use only
- recommended age cot: 0-3yrs; converted toddler bed: 3-5yrs
- safety: in accordance with current regulations, this item meets the safety requirements set out in the European standard NF EN-716 – 1:2008 + A1:2013 for infant cots and French standard NF D60-300-4: 2012 for toddler beds; toddler bed for child capable of climbing in and out of their bed alone
- wipe clean with a soft, dry cloth
- supplied as a kit with clear assembly instructions – set aside sufficient time we do not recommend the use of power tools on any panels
- 2 year manufacturer’s contractual warranty included – please check with Nest regarding exclusions
- designed and made in the Vendée region of France (excluding bed rails and bases made in the European Union).