Designed with flexibility and longevity in mind the Celeste collection is perfect for modern nurseries. The two-toned crisp white finish and natural chestnut effect wood, will pair perfectly with any colour scheme. Thoughtfully made to grow with your child, the Celeste collection is also defined by its simple, gender-neutral style. Elements particularly susceptible to wear, like the legs and bed base, are made from solid beech wood to make them more robust and increase overall lifespan.
The practical, convertible Celeste cot from Galipette has a designer feel and will make a beautiful addition to any nursery. The crisp white finish is complemented by statement sanded, untreated beech legs.
Babies grow quickly and their needs change, so the solid beech frame with beech plywood slats is adjustable to two positions. The base has two height positions. Choose the high position for newborns. This upper position will make your day to day routine much easier. Once your baby grows and starts to move around, adjust the base to the lower position to keep them safe. The two fixed rails have one position.
This clever cot bed evolves at the same time as your little one grows! At around 3 years of age, when they become more independent, they will be able to get in and out of bed without your help. You can then remove the rails and keep the same bed for several more years.
It’s really easy to convert, simply purchase the 2 optional 140 cm side panels. Remove the rails and attach the bed panels – it’s ready in just a few minutes! As well as being elegant, the curved shape prevents children from injuring themselves or falling out of bed if they wriggle around during sleep. These bed panels can be installed from the age of 3, meaning that the lifespan of the bed is extended by several years. Once converted, this toddler bed will remain suitable until your child’s fifth birthday. Good news for both your wallet and the planet!
Please note that we are the exclusive distributors in South Africa of Galipette. Should you be offered any item carrying the trade mark of this brand, or looking substantially similar to an item displayed here, it will be an unlawful imitation of the item of merchandise displayed under the name of this listed brand.
Such an imitation, apart from constituting a trade mark and/or copyright infringement, will not have been subject to the rigorous testing and quality control of the products that we supply. It may constitute a danger to your child, as neither the materials used nor the construction of the product can be guaranteed fit for purpose.
Special features include:
- cot measures: 84cmH x 145cmL x 74cmD; optional panels measure: 25cmH x 140cmL x 3cmD, converted toddler bed measures: 93/47cmH x 145cmL x 74cmD
- cot weight: 32.5kgs (2 cartons), optional panels weight: 10.1kgs (1 carton)
- mattress NOT included: mattress size required 70cmW x 140cmD
- finish: white
- structure – frame and fronts: particleboard covered with white melamine or white foil, edges with the same; some items: particleboard covered with natural chestnut effect foil; edges with the same or ABS; bed head/footboards: white lacquered MDF; bed crossbars: sanded untreated Beech; railings: white lacquered Beech; bed base: solid Beech frame and Beech plywood slats
- ecology: Galipette is introducing low-formaldehyde content panels to ensure a healthier living environment; this collection is made with engineered wood panels containing less than 4mg of formaldehyde per 100g, which is two times lower than the requirements of the strictest European standard (EN 13986); the wood used comes straight from sustainably managed French forests
- strength and durability requirements are intended to represent use under normal conditions; item for home use only
- recommended age cot: 0-3yrs; converted toddler bed: 3-5yrs
- safety: in accordance with current regulations, this item meets the safety requirements set out in the European standard NF EN-716 – 1:2008 + A1:2013 for infant cots and French standard NF D60-300-4: 2012 for toddler beds; toddler bed for child capable of climbing in and out of their bed alone
- wipe clean with a soft, dry cloth
- supplied as a kit with clear assembly instructions – set aside sufficient time we do not recommend the use of power tools on any panels
- 2 year manufacturer’s contractual warranty included – please check with Nest regarding exclusions
- designed and made in the Vendée region of France (excluding bed rails and bases made in the European Union).
Patrice Gautier, the founder of the Gautier group, designed his first children’s bedrooms back in 1960. The Galipette collection is the result of everything they have learnt over the last 25 years: a range of furniture for babies and small children that is proudly made in France. Galipette creates a snug and cosy world that begins the moment your baby is born! Galipette children’s furniture complies with the most rigorous standards. The Galipette range is all about safety and uncompromising quality.
Galipette is exclusive to Nest in South Africa.