Crafted to last and designed with versatility in mind the Calinou collection is refreshingly simple. Pairing a bright white finish and light oak effect wood, it is defined by clean lines and effortless style. Its transitional design means it will work well with nursery décor that’s contemporary, classic or even eclectic. The storage pieces are styled with round, tactile solid ash knobs.
The stylish, convertible Calinou cot from Galipette has an effortless look that gives it the adaptability to match any kind of nursery décor. The light oak effect wood is complemented by statement white lacquered beech railings for a eye-catching two-tone finish.
Babies grow quickly and their needs change, so the solid beech frame with beech plywood slats is adjustable to two positions. The base has two height positions. Choose the high position for newborns. This upper position will make your day to day routine much easier. Once your baby grows and starts to move around, adjust the base to the lower position to keep them safe. The two fixed rails have one position.
To convert the cot into a toddler bed, nothing could be easier. Remove the rails and simply attach the 2 140cm light oak conversion side panels (included) once your child is 3 and capable of getting in and out of bed on their own. It’s ready in just a few minutes! Once converted, this toddler bed will remain suitable until your child’s fifth birthday.
If extra storage is required than add the optional matching drawer with four castors underneath, so it can slide under the 70 x 140 cm cot. Toys, books, soft toys… everything that lives in your baby’s nursery can be placed into this practical drawer.
Please note that we are the exclusive distributors in South Africa of Galipette. Should you be offered any item carrying the trade mark of this brand, or looking substantially similar to an item displayed here, it will be an unlawful imitation of the item of merchandise displayed under the name of this listed brand.
Such an imitation, apart from constituting a trade mark and/or copyright infringement, will not have been subject to the rigorous testing and quality control of the products that we supply. It may constitute a danger to your child, as neither the materials used nor the construction of the product can be guaranteed fit for purpose.
Special features include:
- cot measures: 78cmH x 124cmL x 65cmD; included panels measure: 18cmH x 140cmL x 2cmD, drawer measures: 15cmH x 140cmL x 72cmD
- cot and panel weight: 32.4kgs (3 cartons), optional underbed drawer: 11.8kgs (1 carton)
- mattress NOT included: mattress size required 70cmW x 140cmD
- finish: light oak
- structure – frame and fronts: particleboard covered with light oak effect and plain white foil; edges: same finish, some rounded; ABS on some parts; railings: white lacquered beech; bed base: solid beech frame with beech plywood slats
- ecology: Galipette is introducing low-formaldehyde content panels to ensure a healthier living environment; this collection is made with engineered wood panels containing less than 4mg of formaldehyde per 100g, which is two times lower than the requirements of the strictest European standard (EN 13986); the wood used comes straight from sustainably managed French forests
- strength and durability requirements are intended to represent use under normal conditions; item for home use only
- recommended age cot: 0-3yrs; converted toddler bed: 3-5yrs
- safety: in accordance with current regulations, this item meets the safety requirements set out in the European standard NF EN-716 – 1:2008 + A1:2013 for infant cots and French standard NF D60-300-4: 2012 for toddler beds; toddler bed for child capable of climbing in and out of their bed alone
- wipe clean with a soft, dry cloth
- supplied as a kit with clear assembly instructions – set aside sufficient time we do not recommend the use of power tools on any panels
- 2 year manufacturer’s contractual warranty included – please check with Nest regarding exclusions
- designed and made in the Vendée region of France (excluding bed rails and bases made in the European Union).